We love this fresh, zesty vegan slaw, it’s super simple to make and the perfect way to get fruit and veggies into your every day meals.
- ¼ white cabbage
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 carrot
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts or cashew nuts roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds or nuts
- 50g wild garlic finely diced
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce or fish sauce
¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely shred cabbage until you have about 3-4 cups’ worth
- Thinly slice the apple and then cut into thin matchsticks
- Peel carrot, then shred or coarsely grate, or cut into thin matchsticks.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and toss with the shredded cabbage, apple, carrot, nuts, toasted sesame seeds and chilli (if using), just before serving