This is so simple it is barely a recipe but we love it so we thought we would share it with you! Of course a fruit salad can be with any fruits, but we used some apple and banana which will provide the bulk of the salad. To this we will add some gorgeous frozen redcurrants from our allotment, which can be added straight from the freezer, half frozen they add an amazing burst of flavour!
We often have gluts of currants and berries and freezing them is an awesome way to preserve them at their best. Then we can add them to desserts like Eton Mess or summer pudding, fruit salads or smoothies whenever we want.
The lovely honey taste of Dandelion Syrup really elevates this humble fruit salad and I think it might be a good way to encourage kids to eat their fruits!
Ingredients (serves 2):
You can use any fruits but this is what we used...
- 1 banana
- 2 apples
- A handful of frozen redcurrants
- Splash of Dandelion Syrup
- Peel the banana, core the apple and roughly chop both
- Place in a bowl and mix with a splash of Dandelion Syrup
- Add the handful of frozen redcurrants and serve