One of my favourite pastas is “ Spaghetti Aglio olio e peperoncino” or spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli. It’s the perfect frugal meal for when you have nothing in. Literally all you need is fresh garlic, olive oil, fresh or dry chilli and spaghetti to do the simplest version. Today we’re adding our wild garlic buds and some cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients (serves two):
- Three tablespoons of olive oil
- Three cloves of garlic
- One punnet (about 250 grams) of cherry tomatoes
- Half a jar of Pickled Wild Garlic Buds
- Parmesan to grate
- Bring a large pan of water to boil and two tablespoons of salt.
- Chop the garlic cloves into large pieces, cut each bulb into three or four pieces, keeping the garlic large will help to stop it burning.
- Finely chop the chilli and fry with the chopped garlic cloves and half a jar of drained wild garlic buds in olive oil in a frying pan for three or four minutes or until the garlic is turning golden.
- Once the pan is boiling add the spaghetti (about half a pack for 2 people).
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the garlic and chilli (optional).
- When the tomatoes are softened you can turn down the heat and wait for the pasta.
- Drain the pasta once cooked and add the drained pasta to the frying pan of tomatoes and garlic. Stir well the sauce with the pasta well making sure the sauce is coating all the pasta, turn up the heat of the pan to warm through and serve.