The sad passing of Captain Sir Tom Moore at the beginning of the month made us reflect on his message of optimism and example of how we can all make a difference if we put our mind to it.
You don’t need us to tell you that in this pandemic stricken world many people are facing tough times with unemployment on the rise and many struggling to make ends meet and put food on the table.
After some thought we decided to set up a donation page to help raise money to feed the most vulnerable people in our community, and we are delighted to say that we have reached our target of £1,000!
Where your donations will be going...
With your donations, our veg buyer Bert will take a trip to the Manchester wholesale market especially to find the best deals on offer to get the best value for money and procure as much fresh vegetables and fruit as possible. Veg box Logistics Manager Archie will then distribute the food to local charities who need it most. The charities we will support with donations of fresh vegetables and fruit will include but not be limited to...
- Cre8 Macclesfield who provide food parcels for families and children in Macclesfield.
- EatWell Manchester who work with restaurants to provide meals for the homeless and NHS staff all over Manchester.
- Rob's Angels who provide meals and food parcels for people in need across South Manchester.
- Hatters Outreach based in Disley who provide meals and food parcels for homeless people around Stockport.
- The East Manchester Academy Food Bank who provide meals for students and their families.
If you have the means to help, our JustGiving page will remain open - please donate anything you can or share on your social media. Stay tuned as we will be keeping you updated with our donations over the coming weeks.
Once again, a huge thank you from all of us